What merchandise can you carry?
When traveling, as a Mexican you have the right to transport products as part of your personal luggage without paying taxes. It consists of the following:
Clothing – including a bridal dress – footwear, toiletries and beauty products, as long as they are in accordance with the duration of the trip.
Articles for babies, such as:
Chair, portable crib, stroller, walker, among others, including accessories
- 2 video or photo recording cameras
- Photographic material
- 3 portable cell phone or other wireless devices
- 1 global positioning system (gps)
- 1 electronic directory
- 1 portable computing equipment called laptop, notebook, omnibook or similar
- 1 portable copier or printer
- 1 burner and a portable projector, with its accessories.
- 2 personal sports equipment
- 4 fishing rods
- 3 gliders with or without sail and accessories
- Trophies or recognitions, as long as they can be transported commonly and normally by the passenger.
- 1 portable device for sound or mixed recording or reproduction or two digital picture and sound recording and playback and a portable dvd player
- 1 set of portable speakers and its accessories
- 5 laser disks
- 10 dvd discs
- 30 compact discs
- 3 software packages
- 5 storage devices for any electronic equipment
Books, magazines and printed documents.
- 5 toys, including collectible toys
- 1 video game console
- 5 video games
- 1 blood pressure measuring device
- 1 to measure glucose
- Medications for personal use (in the case of psychotropic substances the prescription must be shown)
Pouchs, trunks and suitcases or any other item necessary for the transfer of luggage.
- 1 binocular
- 1 telescope
2 musical instruments and their accessories
1 camping tent and other camping gear
1 set of hand tools with its case, which may include a drill, tweezers, keys, dice, screwdrivers, power cables, among others
- A maximum of 10 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco
- Up to 3 liters of alcoholic beverages and 6 liters of wine
Older adults and people with disabilities: articles that by their characteristics supplant or reduce their limitations, such as walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, walking sticks, among others.